We have partnered with Emergency Kit Cook-Off now for several years. This has always been a fun challenge to see what recipes individuals can come up with using items that one may find in your kit. This year, our friends have put a new twist on their annual cook off challenge…
DAY 20 Challenge: 1 pt This year, Emergency Kit Cook-Off challenges you to cook to comfort! During September, Kit Cook-Off will highlight a food theme that we all enjoy—“Comfort Foods.” This challenge encourages you to give an emergency preparedness spin to your favorite comfort food recipes, whether that is nonperishable pizza, apple pie, or chocolate chip cookies! You can also submit your own unique nonperishable comfort food recipe. Specifically, we challenge you to:
- Take a “Comfort Food” recipe and re-invent it in a nonperishable way. Use onlynonperishable pantry and kit items, including (but not restricted to) seasonings, condiments, sweeteners, and potable water.
- Use manual tools (e.g., can openers and hand whisks) instead of modern appliances— especially microwaves— in the preparation.Use the oven and/or stovetop if you must, BUTwe challenge you to use alternative, safe heating sources if possible.
PROOF OF COMPLETION: Submit your recipe by following these steps:
- Go to EmergencyKitCookoff.org
- Click the “Submit a Recipe” button in the upper right corner of any webpage.
- Submit a Recipe according to the guidelines outlined under the “Participate” tab at EmergencyKitCookoff.org/participate.
- Include a photo of your delicious finished product with your submission. When you click “Submit a Recipe,” you will see the “browse” button. Click this to include your photo. Please include a picture that is less than 100 MB and is in png, gif, jpg, or jpeg file format. A selfie snapped with your smart phone will do just fine!
- Finally, comment on 30Days, 30Ways Facebook page or Tweet using the #30Days30Ways hashtag that you submitted a recipe to Emergency Kit Cook-Off.
- Recipes submitted to Emergency Kit Cook-Off by September 30th will receive an emergency kit cook-off apron, while supplies last.
Level Up: 5 pts For today’s level up, would love to hear about how you came up with your recipe. Share what hurdles you may have encountered and if there are items you will add to to your kit in the future.
Find Allies: Recruit friends and family members to play 30 Days, 30 Ways…. Build Your Network!! Each day a person you recruit completes a 30 Days 30 Ways task, your points double for that days task. The more individuals you convince to play, the more points you can earn for each days challenge.
You Have until MIDNIGHT on September 30th to complete this task. Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer